Sunday, June 17, 2007

Calling in Sick

On Friday for the first time since I had Ethan I called in sick to my job as a mom. Jared has been out of town more than he's been home the last few weeks and he leaves again today so when I woke up Friday with a horrible cold I decided to call in sick. It was the best thing that I've done in a long time. I stayed in bed all day and read a book between naps. I'm still suffering a little with my cold but I really think taking one day to let my body rest helped so much. So I highly recommend calling in sick now and then.

To amuse you all while Jared was watching the kids on Friday I kept hearing Ethan laughing and running around the kitchen. After a while of this I decided to investigate and find out what was so funny. So I go down stairs and find Jared talking to someone on his computer and the kids are still giggling in the kitchen. (Daniel was laughing just as much as Ethan) So I'm thinking it's great they are getting along so well maybe they are playing cars right? Umm not so much. I turn the corner and all I see is white. So let me paint you a picture in front of me is Daniel on the floor covered from head to foot in Bisquick he's leaving behind trails of Bisquick as he crawls after Ethan who is running around the kitchen picking up fist fulls of Bisquick and throwing it in the air and running threw it or throwing it at Daniel. The counters are covered in Bisquick. The floor is covered in Bisquick..there was even some on the ceiling fan if you can imagine that. When asked what he was doing Ethan responded "making pancakes". Me I simply sighed told Jared he had to clean it up and went back to my bed.

Now for the kids update. Ethan has a new word that he loves. Investigate. At least 5 times in the last 2 days he has turned to me about something or another and said "mom lets go investigate" it's really cute. Ethan for some reason or another is also on a health kick much to my amusement and bewilderment. He won't eat anything but my special K breakfast cereal, all he wants is cherry tomatoes and cucumbers...ok and some crackers to. We even took him for ice cream on Saturday and he didn't eat it...so weird. As for Daniel he has gotten two more teeth since last I wrote in here and has started on the road to walking. He will pull himself up on something and take one step to get to something else usually my leg if I happen to be standing close enough.

1 comment:

Bennett Family said...

I'm so glad you took a day to yourself. I hope you feal better. I thought it was adorable that Daniel was laughing at Ethan while he was painting your kitchen in bisquik. Jack thinks everything Charlie does is so funny too. I thought it was so funny that you informed Jared the kitchen was a mess and that you were going to bed. That's great!