Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Potty Day

Yesterday was potty day. We got up in the morning and put on real underpants and tried to use the potty all day. This was my first attempt at potty training and by the end of the day all I could think is I must be doing something wrong. We only made it to the potty once all day which was a little frustrating but I figure it's going to happen. We are going to have accidents and in all honestly I think it was as much my fault as Ethan's. I should have said we are going to use the potty now every 20 mins instead of just asking do you have to go. Well it was a learning experience next time will be better. Ethan did ask to wear his underwear again today which I think is a step in the right direction and he told me when he had to go "stinky" and we almost made it in time to the potty at grandma's house today. Maybe we will try again tomorrow if I'm up to it.

So Daniel has his own potty day story...Yesterday I was helping Ethan clean up a mess (when he has an accident it's not a big deal but he has to help clean it up) anyhow I wasn't keeping track of Daniel while we were doing this so after it was all done I went to find him. He was in the bathroom pulling toilet paper off the roll and dunking it in the toilet then pulling it back out to look at it again. By the time I found him he was soaked from head to foot in TOILET WATER! The bathroom looked like it had been tped it was really grouse but really funny at the same time.

To bring you up to date on a few other Daniel notes of interest he got his 7th tooth today and he stood on his own for almost two mins yesterday for the first time. He's discovered if he puts his arms out it helps him balance...really cute.

As for me I had yet another funeral to go to this last weekend. I've just about had it with people dieing so if anyone else out there is thinking about you better stop right now. This funeral was for a special teacher of my sisters and a friend from high schools mom. She was a truly wonderful person and I'm really sad she's gone. I would write more on her but I can't right now...she was a truly special and wonderful person and it's sad to think of a world without her in it.

No comments: