Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Feeding the Birds





Yesterday morning right after breakfast Ethan insisted we feed the birds. I was a little confused by this because what birds were we going to feed. Well Ethan had seen a morning dove on the deck and really wanted to feed it. He thought it would be just like feeding the ducks I think which we have done a few times much to his delight. Anyhow we looked around in the kitchen and came up with a roll left over from dinner the night before so we broke it into little pieces and put it on a little plate (Ethan's idea) and he took it out on the deck. He then proceeded to yell at the top of his lungs "BIRDS BIRDS!!" then after a few mins of that he thought for a few mins then started to yell "BIRDS DINNER" Much to his disappointment they didn't come running. We then put the plate on the deck and he stood inside waiting for them to come and eat his offering. This went on for about an hour...every so often he would run to the door open it and yell at the birds, it was so cute.

In other Ethan news I have decided that it might be a good idea to start caring a dictionary with me. He ask questions constantly and sometimes he really stumps me. A few examples "What's a fact mom?" this one was asked at the dinner table and me and Jared just looked at each other with looks of how do we explain this and busted up laughing. We did end up explaining it and then spent the whole rest of dinner pointing out facts to him. Another example "What's a circle?" This one was asked as he drew a circle in the sand he just wanted more of a definition and I was totally stumped. I know what a circle is but I don't know it's definition. He would not let it drop until I promised we would look it up when we got home. The boy defiantly makes me think some days.

2 comments:

The Cherry Family said...

That bird thing is hilarious. I love it.

Jenny said...

What a cute kid! We met another Ethan in our area but Abby still talks about Ethan with the red hair. I don't think she quite gets the idea that more than one child can have the same name!