Monday, May 7, 2007

Small Victory

I really really hate potty training. In part because I never know if I'm doing the right thing and because you need to be so consistent and life just isn't. Anyhow tonight I told Ethan that we needed to spend an hour practicing using the potty because soon mommy was going to take away his diapers and he was going to have to use the potty all the time. He said ok and we took off the diaper. He immediately went to the potty and used it. I was so surprised you could have knocked me over. Maybe all the frustration is starting to pay off. Our goal this week is to try and have a one hour practice time every day hopefully they will all go this well. Ethan has been very hard to get to this stage so its so gratifying to see that all that work is starting to pay off. Maybe he will be potty trained before he's 12.

As for the Daniel update. The boy is driving me insane again! Ugh they really do take turns driving me nuts. Daniel is really into standing these days so he is always climbing on my leg or something and if he can't he gets really grumpy. This is how Ethan was and why we bought the walker but it's still driving me a little crazy. He's started pulling up on thing and either tyring to walk along them or letting go and trying to stand. The standing thing really isn't work that well for him the longest he's up is maybe a second. I see two walking whirlwinds in my near future and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. Part of me is happy because maybe they can play together...or at least chase each other around the house but still he's not suppose to walk yet right?

On a side note Ethan gave Daniel a roll of paper towels today without me knowing it until a few mins latter. Dinner time is always mischief time. At any rate Daniel had a ball at least and it really was funny to find him wrapped in paper towels. I should have taken pictures of it but I felt it was wrong to leave him there while I searched for the camera.

No comments: