Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Five Questions

Ok here are my five questions courtesy of Andrea.

1.) If you had to choose another country to live in for the rest of your life, which would you choose and why?

This one is pretty easy, Ireland. It's fairy tales and history and breath taking views all wrapped up in one little country with the best accent ever. The way people speak over there just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I don't know why I just really love to just listen to people with Irish accents. They are such a passionate people and I just love that. The old stone walls and green pastures the historical ruins and sea swept cliffs. I could sit all day and just look at that. Who knows maybe it's the red hair being called home to the mother ship but Ireland is where I would want to be with England a close second.

2) If you had to get rid of every object (not person or animal) in your house but five, which five would you choose to keep and why?

First I have to say this is one of the hardest questions, I really had to think. So here are my five:
1.) My camera! I really think I would feel incomplete without it. It really is my way of understanding my children and my creative outlet, everyone needs at least one.
2.) My computer. I have to have a way to view my pictures and play with them hello. Ok and I would be a very sad person without my e-mail and word is very helpful if I have to actually type something. I love spell check.
3.)My Radio. What's life without music? Whenever I'm having a really horrible day I turn on the radio so Ethan and I can dance around the house, silly as it is it always makes me feel better. I'm also pretty sure I would never get any house cleaning done without it...that whole whistle while you work or in my case sing off key really helps things go faster.
4.) My Bed. I absolutely love it! It's huge and soft and one of my great indulgent. Actually it was a stipulation to us buying our house...I had to still be able to get my bed and we need to be able to afford our wedding if we could make that happen I told Jared we could buy it..so we did. I love the memory of that and I love the fact that it's big enough that if Ethan has a bad dream and wants to cuddle I'm not kicked out of bed. I also love to curl up on it in the middle of the day if both boys are sleeping and just read with a big cup of hot chocolate.
5.) My scriptures. Ok so I'm not always the best at reading them day to day but I know when life gets ruff there kind of like my security blanket. For some reason if I can just make time to read them things don't seem so bad and no matter what it is I know that it will get better. It also gives me a little perspective of this may be bad at the moment but there really is a reason for it.

3) If you could have lunch with one famous person, who would you choose and why?

Ok this was a hard one for me as well. I actually sat down and went uhh famous people we have those? I had the hardest time coming up with famous people isn't that pathetic. But after much consideration I think I would like to spend an after noon with a man named Neil Miller. Now most of you are going uhh who...this is suppose to be famous people right? Well he's actually one of the most influential scientist of all times. If you've taken a psychology class I'm sure you've heard of him. He also happens to be Jared's grandfather. The truth of the matter is this is a man I have meet but he was in his 90's and had alzheimer's. I would love to sit down with him when he was much younger teaching at Yale and learn more about his experiments. I've heard so many stories about him that I would really love to sit down with him and just get to know him.

4) If Jared got abducted by aliens and you had to support your family single-handedly, what would you do for a living?

This one is pretty easy. I would try to make a go of it as a photographer. I'm not sure if it would work but that's were I would go first I think.

5) You are in a meditation class, and you have to think of a place that soothes you. Which place do you think of?

The first place I would think of is our cabin in Maine. There's a spot out front where you can lay in the hammock and listen to the waves genitally hitting the rocks. It's usually warm but not really hot with a nice cool breeze. Tall pine trees and birds. No electricity, no phones, no motor boats, and very few people. It's the most wonderful place I know of.

Now, if you want me to ask you five questions, which you will post on your blog, here is what you need to do:

1. Leave me a comment saying, "I too am an autobiographer."
2. I'll respond by asking you up to five questions. You will answer them, because you like talking about yourself.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1 comment:

An said...

Hey Jess, I really enjoyed reading your answers to my questions! I think the five things you picked are the same ones I'd pick...camera, computer, bed for sure. I'm quite fond of my front-loading washing machine. Bathtub...I take a bath almost every day. I like the image of your red hair longing for the motherland :)