Saturday, May 26, 2007

Take me out to the Ball Game

Yesterday I went to a Tigers game for my sister Tammy's Birthday. It was so much fun! If you have the time and want to do something fun this summer I highly recommend it. We go to at least one game a year and I really think it's one of the best things about summer. This year since she has a lot of Friday nights off we are going to try and make more games...I'm really excited! I don't know all the ins and outs of baseball and your lucky if I remember the players name but there is just something about being there. The smell of roasted peanuts and hot dogs, the roar of the crowd as someone hits a home run it's just the perfect summer evening. Though while I was watching the game I got to thinking about the players last night and the amount of pressure they must be under. One wrong move and everyone starts criticizing them, it's on ESPN the next day...that can not be good for your self image. It just gave me a new respect for the players and a understanding for the reasons they do some of the things they do that I don't approve of. It's not an excuses but an understanding.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Jess, I think they get paid enough to take a little criticism!