Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Saying goodbye


So I can't sleep again. I really hate the fact that I seem to lack the ability to sleep even when I'm really really tired. I'm glad my child en didn't fully inherit this gene. I won't say they didn't inherit it because we all know what wonderful sleepers my children are. At any rate tomorrow I head to my parents for the day to help with funeral plans. We are going to get together as a family tomorrow night and just talk about my grandmother and go threw pictures. We tend to do this whenever someone passes away and I always appreciate it. We eat, we cry, we laugh, we remember. Those stories that everyone laugh always end up coming out or that one story that only so and so knows the full extent of. It really is great. Thursday I'll be back home to finish getting things here ready then back across the state Thursday night. Friday is the big party. It's interesting that in my family after ever funeral there is a Party. Yes I mean party with a capital P. For my grandfather several years ago I think it lasted close to 12 hours with everyone laughing and joking and remembering all the really funny things about him. I have to say that when I go I hope someone has a party in my honor.

No comments: