Friday, May 4, 2007

Grandma









Today was the funeral. That was hard though not as hard as I thought it would be I have to say. Overall it turned into a celebration of family. Some of the stories that have come out over the last few days have really made me look at her in a new light and appreciate her a little more. I wish I could have appreciated her more while she was here. I have to share one of the stories because it just made me laugh so hard. So my grandparents one year decided to raise chickens and so they got them self some bantam hens. Well bantam hens are great for laying eggs but not much good for anything else. Well after the hens had grown to a reasonable size they umm ya know killed them (they were farmers sorry guys) anyhow and they decided to roast these hens over the fire ridged up a spicet and everything. Well here's the part they didn't know bantam hens aren't the type you really eat. So I guess you would take a bite of the hen and it would kind bounce back...you literaly couldn't eat the stuff...so they had a little burial service for the hens instead of dinner that night. I was asked to put together a slide show of pictures of grandma threw out her life here are just a few I wanted to share. You can really tell she loved to ham it up.

No comments: