Friday, October 26, 2007

Apple Picking





This morning we went apple picking for the first time. It was a lot of fun though next time I think it would be better if it wasn't so wet. We picked apples between rain storms so it was wet and of corce Ethan found mud puddles to play in and go supper wet. His shoes are still dripping wet so I think I'll have to figure out how to dry them in the drier.

Anyhow it was fun for the boys and over all a little stressful but not to bad. We picked 1/2 bushel of granny smiths and 1/2 a bushel of Ida reds. I never knew picking apples was so fun. The boys ran around while I picked apples. Danny was in heaven picking apples and eating them right there. His favorite fruit besides bananas are apples. Ethan climbed trees and was in general a wild man but that was ok. We got to spend time with friends and do something outside what more could you ask for?

Now I have all these apples and I need to figure out what I'm going to do with them. You would think I would have thought of that before I picked them all wouldn't you. Nope not me. I just thought it would be fun to pick apples and I figured I could come up with something to do with them. So I think I'm going to make some apple sauce and pie filling and attempt canning it. I'll keep you posted on how that goes but I have high hopes...umm after I get the stuff to try out canning. Small investment in the grand scheme of things exspecially if I start canning other things like Jam which I really want to try out one of these years.

No comments: