Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Crazy Morning

The kids have been sick with icky colds so we've been stuck at home for days. It seems like an eternity when I look at my house. Ashes all over my kitchen because the kids decided to make me ash soup before my brain was fully functional and able to make them breakfast this morning. Pans all over the kitchen because they decided to make me french toast again (They did this last week as well) while I was making them breakfast. Stuff animals all over the kids rooms because we had a stuff animal fight last night. Pop corn all over the entertainment room because all Ethan would eat yesterday was popcorn and I decided it was better than not eating at all. I've decided once the kids are feeling better then I'll worry about getting my house clean again so for now we have a disaster area but the kids like it.

Anyhow today I thought we would get out just for a quick trip since I'm pretty sure both my kids have gone crazy cooped up in our house for umm let see 3 days so after feeding them breakfast...oat meal for Ethan which had to be the peach kind since we didn't have strawberry and Cheerios for Dan who was thoughtful enough to share them with the cat who strange enough likes Cheerios...we headed off to the store to buy Ethan's Halloween costume. Ethan has decided he is going to be a dragon because Daniel Cook was a dragon (Daniel Cook is a Disney TV show with a kid who looks just like Ethan). In the car after 5 mins of whining from Ethan I pulled over turned around and informed him that we were going to get his Halloween Costume, he was going to like it and he was going to be happy the rest of the trip. I hate loosing my temper with the kids and honestly that should have been my sign to turn the car around and head back to our insane house but no I decided not to listen to logic and just forged ahead. Danny of coerce fell asleep in the car on the way to the mall but we were there so we might as well go in right? Surprising enough Ethan followed my orders and was happy and cheerful after our little road stop. He said he wanted to help and after I got him out ran around the car to get Danny out. When he saw Danny was sleeping he said "Look mom Danny's sleeping I'll wake him up." He leaned over and gave Danny a big kiss and said "I love you Danny. It's time to wake up." That made the winning in the car not seem so bad. I was sure that going past the play area at the mall was going to delay our little outing but I was ok with that however much to my surprise even though some of Ethan's friends were there he wanted to go get his costume first. Off to Children's place I went Ethan pushing the stroller with a groggy Danny and me hoping they wouldn't hit anything along the way as I tried to keep up. We found our Dragon costume at children's place and Ethan was thrilled. While I was looking for the right size Ethan took the head off the little girl manneken next to the rack. I looked up from dozens of little tags to Ethan saying "Look mom" and holding a head like a ball he was about the throw. I told him as calmly as I could that he needed to put the head back. He at least followed those instructions. He then hid in a rack of cloths because he wanted to play hide and seek. After some pleaded on my part mainly for my sanity he reluctantly came out. While I was paying he took apart one of the display that holds the socks and was drumming with the pieces on another display. At this point I was reminded why I never I repeat never take my children shopping with me. It's really for there safety and ok a little for my sanity. So at last Ethan, Danny, the Dragon costume, and I leave the store much to the sales woman's relief. The kids are playing on those little kids rides that cost $0.50 so Ethan decided he wants to join and I decide he hasn't seen anyone in days it's ok. Danny tired of being in the stroller wants out so I let him sit on a the roller coaster ride while Ethan playing with some friends. Things were going great until I looked over and Ethan was taking apart part of the little train. there is a bell on the front that he had completely taken off...much to my shame I could not get it back together the way it was before. At this point I moved both kids to the play area and all was fine for 5 mins. Then Danny decided the play area was not the place to be and just ran off. After retrieving him 5 times I told Ethan Danny really wanted to go for a walk so lets walk to the water fountain since I wanted to poke in Gymboree anyhow. Well we made it there without issues and the boys had a great time playing on this play mat outside of Gap...really cute. The problem was when Ethan wanted to stand on the edge of the fountain for some reason I didn't think that was a good idea silly mom. After a few debates on the safety of said issue I decided let go see what's on the TV in Gymboree and I can look at cloths for you guys. Ethan didn't like the show so we only stayed long enough to see yes there jeans are on clearance but I need to go back to see how much on clearance. After this I decided I didn't want to fight my way to the car because if we did I was pretty sure not all of us would make it home...mainly me. So we got cookies with the agreement that we would eat them on the way home. Ethan was so excited about his cookie that he pushed the stroller all the way to the car as fast as he could. Luckily no Danny's were harmed in this endeavor. Not my most shinning mom moment but one I think I'll remember for at least a while.

The good points of my day after all this happened. After lunch Danny fell asleep and slept for almost 3 1/2 hours. While Danny was sleeping I decided to watch cartoons with Ethan because I just didn't have the energy to figure out something else. Somewhere in the middle of an episode of Tom and Jerry me and Ethan fell asleep together. We all really needed naps I think. Ethan said our prayer for dinner "Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day, Thank you for our food, Jesus Christ Amen." Tonight after taking the boys for a car ride to get them to sleep...With the colds the boys have a hard time falling asleep so it's just easier sitting up...I put Ethan in his bed and he turned to me and said mom we need to say goodnight to Heavenly Father. Even though the morning was a little crazy I am so glad to have my boys.

No comments: