Monday, October 22, 2007

What I've been up to

Life has been hectic so sorry I haven't posted in a while. So what has been going on to make life so insane. Well Jared was gone for a week which was crazy and we missed him horribly. I've started doing a little more with this whole Christmas workshop thing. A little more work than I thought it would be but it's all coming together. So for the Christmas workshop they wanted a cookbook put together as kind of our gift to the sisters. I wasn't doing anything so I said sure I can do that. Thinking it was umm 10 recipes nothing big umm I probably should have asked more questions oops. Anyhow turns out it was a little bigger of a project. The book will have somewhere around 35 or 36 pages I'm getting it bound by a friend a cost luckily and it's going to be great but ugh a little more time consuming than I thought it would be. Still trying to work out the details of how to stay mostly on budget for the food portion (budget being $30 and feed about 33 people) that has actually been the problem taking up most of my time. I think we will be able to work that out though or at least cross your fingers and hope it will turn out ok. I've also been doing a few photo shoots here and there ...I'm actually about two shoots behind on pictures and should be working on those right now but I won't think to much about that. I also had the privilege of hearing Elder Bednar talk in person. What a experience that was!! I'm so happy I got to go even though Jared was gone. My only regret was that Jared couldn't be there in person...he had to settle for me talking to him about it pretty much nonstop for almost a week. Every time he would say something it would remind me of something Elder Bednar said which would lead to a 10 min story about something that night. On the other side if he would have been there all those thoughts would have just been running through my mind and I wouldn't have had a single person to tell them to. On other news I got a calling this last Sunday and I have to say I think it a great one. I get to go to camp again!!!! They called me as Ward Camp director which is going to be so fun. A lot of work it sounds like but hey I don't mind a little work. I also found out that our church building will be undergoing construction sometime in the next few months to make it bigger and here's the really great thing in my mind WE ARE GETTING PEWS!! I wanted to jump up and down when I got that little bit of news. Oh did I mention that Chelsea has decided to let me go ahead and form my photography group after all so I sent out sigh-up sheets this last Sunday. Things are going much better in the new Ward by the way. People have really started to warm up to me the last two weeks. People have started talking to me in the hall and smiling at me. I think I know at least 4 peoples names which is a real bonus for me. We have now made it threw two sacrament meetings without any major issues like umm Ethan pushing an entire row of chairs onto the legs of the family behind us (I think that was three weeks ago) I've started to notice it's not just my kids that have a hard time in sacrament meetings which makes me feel at least a little better. Of coerce I think we were the only family that bowed there heads for the sacrament prayer and looked up to see one boy running up one side of the church while the other runs up the opposite side. Ugh! So things are not perfect but they are getting better. On a funnier note our Primary program was this last Sunday and they let the nursery kids come up to sing a song at the end. So when they called all the kids up Ethan who had wanted to go up on the stage from the start ran to the front of the chapel past all the other nursery kids right to the microphone and with the biggest grin ever on his face leaned in...luckily it was right then that one of the primary teachers reached him. Thank you. He did a really great job and sang the whole song just not right into the microphone. As for Danny well his world is ending this week as he getting two eye teeth but hopefully we'll both make it through.

No comments: