Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Graditude

So I read this great article today in a local paper about gratitude and how we should use the holiday season to jump start our own gratitude in life. After reading all the many things in this short article I came to realize lately I just haven't taken the time to appreciate the great things I have. I feel like hanging my head in shame for focusing so much on the less than spectacular parts of my life (probably the reason I haven't been posting as much). So tonight I decided to sit down and make a short list of things I'm grateful for just to remind my self that life is not always as hard as it sometimes feels.

1.) Great friends who make you chicken soup just because you have a cold.
2.) Little boys who give you hugs and bring you tissues when your not feeling your best.
3.) Husbands that call home just to say I love you
4.) 3 year olds who offer you the other half of there chewed on chocolate chip cookie
5.) Friends who are always willing to listen when I just need someone to talk to so I know I'm not alone in the world.
6.) The support of a husband who thinks you can do anything even if it's sometimes a little overwhelming.
7.) Sloppy kisses from a one year old
8.) Big beds you can lay in with your kids and watch cartoons when your not feeling very well
9.) That someone up there watches out for me. Today while on the way to pick Ethan up from preschool a traffic light fell down in the middle of an intersection I was about to go threw.
10.) Families even if we complain about them driving us insane.

This list could go on for a while but I have a 3 year old begging me to watch myth busters (his current favorite show) with him and I think tonight I'll give in and watch an episode I know I've seen at least a dozen times.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That was a great post! But, I have to say that every time you mention your big bed, I have a hint of jealousy. I hope to one day also have a giant bed that can fit my whole fam for relaxing time!