Friday, November 30, 2007

Daniel appreciation

Tonight I realized I never take the time to appreciate my youngest son. Ethan doesn't let me not pay attention to him so there are time in the day that I feel Danny gets left out. I don't mean it to happen but it seems to be the reality of having a three year old and a one year old. My only hope is that tomorrow I will be better at juggling those things than I am today. So tonight I would like to take some time just to appreciate the person I have in my life who often gets taken for granite.

The Things I love about Danny in no particular order:

1.) Dimples, need I say more
2.) His shinning personality--When your around him you just can't help but smile
3.) The way he flirts with all the girls---yup he's my heart breaker
4.) The way he loves to stack everything--even if I get annoyed when he stacks all the cans in the pantry
5.) The way he tries to be just like his big brother
6.) The fact that he will cry if he thinks he has displeased you--last night at dinner he threw a fork at me thinking he was playing luckily it missed but when I shook my head and frowned at him his little smile turned to tears and I wanted to cry with him.
7.) The way he makes little car noises when playing with Ethan's cars
8.) The way he will just lay in his crib singing to himself until I come to get him
9.) The fact that he is a constant stream of almost unintelligible language--even if some days I pray for five mins of quite
10.) The way he loves stuffed animals--he carries them around everywhere. We were even at a friends house last week and he had to rock his teddy and give him hugs and kisses it was so cute.
11.) The way he loves me without reservations
12.) The way he giggles
13.) How smart he can be--yes every kid is smart and we as parents are allowed to say our kids are smart--there all equally smart just in different ways
14.) His love for our cat---he runs around after Pinky trying to give the cat hugs and kisses. Luckily Pinky has grown use to such behavior and usually just looks at me pitifully and takes the abuse. I do try to help him I swear but I'm usually across the room and he's already been assaulted by the time I get there.

That's just to name a few. So tomorrow when he's throwing his food at me or chipping another one of my teeth I'll try to keep these things in mind and maybe life will be a little better.

No comments: