Saturday, December 1, 2007

Tooth Drama

So a few weeks ago Danny hit me in the mouth with a 5 pound dumbbell. I was talking and turned around and he handed it to me, right in the face. Teach me to pay better attention to my own child. At the time I didn't think it did any damage but it sure hurt a lot. Then about a week and a half ago he nailed me good with a headbutt in the mouth. The result well a whole lot of pain but again I thought it was fine. However the next night I went to bite into a roll and got a shooting pain all the way up my tooth. All I could think is this is not good. Well to make a long story short the next day I went to the dentist. A few X-rays latter it was confirmed that indeed Danny had managed to chip not one of my teeth as I had thought but three of them. Right now there is a little bit of a question about me being able to keep one of the teeth (my front tooth!) but for now things are looking good. With this type of trauma it can take up to a month to know the whole extent of the damage they say so it's a wait and watch thing. So now I have a grand total of 4 chipped teeth in my life. Sucky! I think I need to invest in a face mask.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's horrible! You poor thing. That Daniel must be one tough kid!

Jess said...

I think he's in training to be superman or something. He's stronger than I remember Ethan being at that age and it always seems to get me in trouble.