Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snow Day

So I've learned one thing today be careful what you wish for. Ok I wanted a little snow. Can we say overkill? So last night Ethan prayed for snow and I should have known right then that we were in for trouble. I don't know what it is but when the boy prays for something it just happens and in spades to boot. So this morning we woke to 6 inches or more on the front lawn. He was so happy. Once we found out church was canceled since it was still coming down we decided to take some extra time and enjoy a special family breakfast. Jared made pancakes and I made home made strawberry syrup while we listened to Christmas carols. The kids ran around like little crazy men and we had a wonderful morning. When we put Danny down for his nap the rest of us trekked outside into the snow. Ethan really loved it and thought it was great that because of the drifts we have spots that are deeper than he is (umm it had kept snowing not sure how much we got grand total but I'm going to guess a foot with really high drifts). We had a family snow ball fight which I think I might have lost and help daddy shovel the driveway. After our outdoor adventure we came inside and warmed up with hot chocolate. Then Ethan drew me some awesome pictures for the fridge while I did dishes. After that we decorated a little foam tree that I got for Ethan, also a big hit. 

This evening we had some great people over for dinner, the Dunns. They are awesome!!! So they have five crazy kids who get along great with our two crazy kids. He does computer stuff so has stuff to talk to Jared about. She is big into photography and scrapbooking! As a matter of fact she is doing the exact same thing as me with the photography thing and is working on setting up her own website and all that. Have to admit though she is a little better than me. Her sister is a big photographer in London and charges like $300 for a sitting fee. Needless to say we kinda hit it off and best of all I get to visit teach this person. So we've decided we are going to get together to talk about photography stuff once a month and call that visiting teaching...ok and I'll bring a message as well. So my goal of making a new friend this week I think is accomplished. Jared is trying to talk her husband into Friday night game night with the kids so me and his wife can go scrapbooking together. That would be really awesome but we'll see if it pans out.

1 comment:

HW said...

Your day sounded perfect. Aren't you so glad those days happen once in a while? And I'm so glad you're finding friends in your ward. The Dunns sound like a perfect fit.