Saturday, December 8, 2007

O Christmas Tree




Yesterday I finally decided there was never going to be a great time to put up our Christmas tree, I just had to pick a time and do it. So the middle of the day with both boys running crazy I drag our 7 ft tree (it might be 8 ft not sure) out of the basement. With Ethan asking five million questions and Danny trying to climb my leg I somehow managed to get the thing together. I have to admit though I was rather sweaty and more than a little irritated at this point. I trecked back downstairs and managed to find one of the boxes labeled Christmas in the jumbled heap we call a basement and hulled it up stairs. Much to my surprise it contained a few ornaments and lots of lights. On the tree went the lights. Danny thought this was the coolest thing and tried to pull them off again. Bright shiny things that blink who wouldn't want to play with them? Ethan on the other hand couldn't wait for me to stop playing with the lights so he could hang something. Thoughts of duck tape started running threw my head but I somehow managed to suppress them. Ethan started hanging ornaments and Danny started taking off ornaments which lead to a lecture from Ethan about how we are suppose to treat ornaments. This part was rather amusing. I discovered the ornaments that I really wanted to put on the tree...the ones I had made when Ethan was Danny's age, weren't there so I went down stairs to find them. At this point our tree has been but together for all of five mins keep that in mind. By the time I return for the bowls of our basement box in hand total chaos had descended. Danny had knocked over the Christmas tree and broken an ornament (separate events). Ethan started screaming that Danny has broken his Christmas tree. I want to go hide in the basement. Deciding I just couldn't take this I carried one crying child in each arm upstairs and we had some chill out time. After tempers has settled a little we returned downstairs and fixed all the damage. Our Christmas tree doesn't seem any worse from the whole ordeal thank goodness. We now have nothing but kid friendly ornaments on the tree and the boys love it. Ethan has proclaimed our tree beautiful and that's all the matters tonight. Hopefully it will be the only time this Christmas season our tree falls over but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Oh Christmas Tree How Lovely Are Thy Branches...

No comments: