Monday, December 3, 2007

Kitchen Amusement

So as of late my boys have been rather obsessed with our kitchen. I'm really not sure why but they always seem to be playing in the pantry these days and finding new and interesting things to do. So here are a few things my sons have done in my kitchen over the last few weeks:

Daniel discovered onions. At first he was rather puzzled by them. He tried rolling them across the kitchen but they don't roll as well as balls. So they can't be for rolling. He then tried to bounce the onion but that didn't turn out that well either. Peeling off the outer layers turned out to be somewhat amusing. He must have decided that since nothing else seem to be working it must be for eating so he chomped right in. He turned to me with the saddest face in complete shock before breaking down in heart wrenching sobs. I don't think he'll be biting into any more onions anytime soon.

Ethan discovered paper towel rolls. At first he decided to see how tall he could stack them but every time he got up to 5 they would fall over. Which was rather amusing so he would laugh like a loon. Then he discovered an even better game, human bowling. He lined all the paper towels up in a row and used himself as a human bowling ball and knocked them all over.

We've also learned that potatoes are not just for eating. The boys discovered the potatoes the other night and after taking every last one out of the 10 pound bag they were in they loaded them in there little dump trucks and hauled them all over our house. I'm still trying to find them all.

The boys also decided to make me breakfast the other morning. It was really a sweet thought and I love them for that. They beat me downstairs the other morning so they decided they would just make breakfast. They pulled out my biggest pan, two huge spoons and a box of cereal. By the time I made it down stairs they had emptied the box of cereal into the pan and where about to add the milk. I am very grateful I made it downstairs before that happened.

So there are just a few of our kitchen amusements.

No comments: