Thursday, December 13, 2007

Twice upon a Christmas

So today has been just as insane as the rest of my week. Just to keep people up to date Ethan has a sinus infection and Dan has pink eye so we are just not happy campers right now. Thank goodness for drugs right now I don't know where I would be today with out eye drops, and . Anyhow tonight Ethan was going crazy since hes tired of being cooped up and beating on his brother. Danny was objecting strongly and as for me I wanted to pull my hair out. So I thought well I'll put on something for Ethan to watch and give Dan a bath. Well it sounded great at the time anyhow but turns out Danny wanted none of it. Once his hair was washed he wanted out in a bad way, so he climbed out with less than spectacular results. So I wrapped him in a towel and we tried to be in the same room as Ethan again but neither boy was having any of that. Then I tried putting Danny to bed (at this point he had been pretty much nonstop cranky/crying for about 2 hours) but he just objected even louder. So my solution? Mickeys twice upon a Christmas. I went downstairs and made popcorn. Then put in the DVD and got Ethan all situated. Then I grabbed a hysterical Danny from his crib and settled down on the sofa. Ethan holding our popcorn Danny leaning contently on my chest and a bowl of popcorn wedged in between the two of them. We turned off the lights and just cuddled on the sofa with our movie. After about 15 mins Danny was asleep and Ethan was burrowing in closer. I have to say I love moments like those. 

2 comments:

Jill said...

It's all about the popcorn. My kids just love it when we make popcorn and watch a movie! Let me know when you're better so we can get together. And it's your turn to go out! I think you deserve it!!

Lisa said...

Man, does not sound like good times, but thank goodness for movies!