Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I should be in bed

It's almost 4 in the morning and I should be in bed but it just seems a little like a useless effort. Ethan is sick with a very very bad cold so every time I get to sleep he wakes up and needs a little comfort. Morning and the Dr office can't come soon enough for me. So I think to save my self some frustration I'm going to attempt to update here.

First of all thank you all for such kind words on my talk. I never know quite what to say when people have such nice things to say. It always amazes me the reaction my conversion gets from people. Because it's me I tend to think it's normal and everyone has a conversion just like that. I'm beginning to see that my life may not be normal after all but I think I'll keep up the illusion for the time being.

I never did get around to posting about Halloween so heres the short version of things. We ended up going to our new Wards Halloween party on Friday before Halloween, though I have to admit after Ann Arbor I was a little disappointed. It just wasn't built for young kids at least not 3 and under. When the kids get older I think they will enjoy it but this year was a little big of a bust. It was a little weird standing around with very few people to talk to and we ended up leaving as soon as the tricker teating was done since I just couldn't take any more. This made me miss Ann Arbor horrible so we decided to drop in on there Halloween party which was on a Tuesday night I think. Ethan didn't seem very into things but was happy to be with his friends again. On the way home from said Halloween party Ethan came down with the flu! Lucky for us it didn't last very long and when he asked to go out trick or treating the next night we gave in. It was outside and he hadn't been sick in almost 20 hours so we took a chance. Ethan made it down about 4 little streets when he decided he was done and just wanted to go lay down. Danny on the other hand loved Halloween but didn't understand why we need to wait to eat our candy until we get back to the house. He sat down right in front of one of the houses and just dug into his little goody bag. He was very upset with me when I made him stop but forgave me once I pulled a sucker out of my pocket for him.

Since Halloween we have been plagued with colds so we haven't been out much. Hopefully this coming month will be better. So that's pretty much all that has happened in the last month besides Thanksgiving which I should get around to posting about by next month.

Ohh and all of you out there wondering if I ever got around to making apple sauce the answer is no. I didn't want to make it while I was sick with a nasty cold at least not in a big enough batch to can so I just made small batches and baked apples and apple pie to use up our apples. Maybe next year I'll get around to canning something. It was a good thought though.

No comments: