Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Second Week in our New Ward

Well this week went much better than last week, I know I know not saying much. In fact, Ethan made it threw most of Sacrament meeting. He was playing quietly next to me and would even turn every so often and comment on something the speaker had said. I was totally amazed and really proud of him. Daniel had a rough time of it because he was tired and couldn't sleep but it all worked out. Jared ended up in the hall talking to the RS presidents husband (who's name I don't think I ever got). The man really enjoyed Daniel and offered/told me he was taking him to priesthood. It was really quite cute. I've never really thought I need help at church with my kids but in this new ward people have started well helping without me even asking and it's made church at lot easier for me. I get so much more out of being there when I don't have to fight with two kids the whole time. I don't feel bad about letting them help because they genuinely enjoy my children which is not something I'm used to. I think over all this new ward will be good for our family. I know it's going to be great for Ethan. He is getting so much more out of Nursery it just amazes me. This week he came up to me proudly holding the picture they colored in Nursery and told me all about how the dog was helping the man to see and how we can help other people. I still don't have any friends yet unless you count the RS president who I've talked to a few times. Hopefully that will change soon.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I meant to ask you today about your second week in the new ward. Look, I got my answer. I'm glad it went better; it had no place to go but up, right? You are right though, how we fit in our ward is really based on our own doing and attitude. You'll get the best of both worlds (and wards)!