Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Toledo Zoo

Ethans favorite part of the zoo...the jellies! We had to go threw the aquarium 3 times.

Ethan riding the Elephant
Danny in all his happiness


On Friday I took the boys to the Toledo Zoo since some friends of ours were going and I thought the boys would really love it. I had hesitated to take the boys on my own all summer fearing the worse but at last I decided there were friends there if I got in over my head I would have someone to help me out. So we got up packed our lunches and hit the road. Daniel slept all the way there and Ethan enjoy, yes enjoyed, the car ride. I was really surprised it went so well. We had a minor insistent when we got to the zoo and Ethan realized Daniel got to ride in the stroller and not him but it was over once he realized we were at the zoo. I looked for the friends I knew would be there but couldn't find them so I decided to go it alone. I was totally shocked it was so much easier going with just me and the boys than it has been in a group! The boys were great. When they got tired we stopped for a drink. Dan wanted out of the stroller so it was off to the play area no big deal. I also have learned that it is ok if we don't see all of the zoo, there will be other trips. It is much better to see half the zoo and have a wonderful time than to see all of the zoo with two cranky kids and wind up frustrated in the end. Ethan was so taken by the baby polar bear that he wanted to take one home with him of the stuffed variety. He picked out the $60 one at first but I talked him down to a smaller $7 version and felt rather pleased with my self. He also insisted that if he got something so did Danny...so he picked out a little giraffe (I'm pretty sure that's because we saw an 8 month old giraffe which was almost as cool as the polar bears). In the end it was the best trip to the zoo I've ever had and now I'm a little less hesitant to take the boys out on my own.

No comments: