Wednesday, July 11, 2007

4th of July















So we had a fabulous 4th! Festivities started on the 3rd when we got to go see Fireworks at Hudson Mills which was great by the way. Daniel also took his first step on the third trying to get closer to fireworks silly boy. He is now taking about three steps at a time and today somehow even managed to jump though I think that was a complete accident and will never happen again at least not for a month or two. He's so good natured about learning to walk. When he falls he just laughs and gets right back up, Ethan always cried if it didn't go the way he wanted it to so it's a nice change of pace.

On the 4th we spent the morning painting our hall...though I still need to find time to do touch-ups. I've also bought my pictures frames that I'm going to hang to display some of my pictures but umm ya haven't figured out what pictures I want to put in the frames yet. After all that we headed to the Quinns for a fabulous BBQ. The boys had so much fun and it was so nice just to sit back with friends and have a great time. I learned a new yard game that I can't remember the name of but was so fun. It was amusing to watch the boys play croquet and then puzzle over how to get a ball with a string attached across the small pond behind the Quinns. They probably spent over an hour doing different things...throwing it, trying to hit it with a baseball bat, even using golf. It was so funny! What you may be wondering was all this for well the idea was to get a rope across this pond that they could attach a small raft to with fireworks. In the end they just pushed the raft about a foot or so off shore which worked great.

2 comments:

Jana said...

This will be so fun. I have thought about you guys lots the last while and wondered how you are. It looks like everything is going great. Are you going to go to the wedding? Which missionary is it? Well, tell Jared hi for me. Next time we are in Ann Arbor we will have to get together. LOVE all your pics. You have got a great talent.

Jess said...

I totally agree, I've missed talk to you. Overall everything is great, insane but great. I'm not sure if we'll go to the wedding or just the reception since Jared is going rock climbing as well for his birthday. The missionary is Elder Hamilton (Tyler Hamilton). And I swear next time you come to town I won't be sick and my kids won't be sick. :)