Thursday, July 19, 2007

Life getting back to normal

Last night we decided to have a special night for our boys after realizing that with life being so crazy they were kind of getting the short end of the stick. So we took them outside to play on the trampoline. Then because it was hot we turned on the hose and let Ethan play with it a little. After a while he came over held it out and asked if I wanted a drink. When I came closer he tried to get me with the hose so of coerce I had to snatch it away and soak the kid it's only fair right. So we all giggled and chased each other around the yard with the hose. It was the best night I've had in a while and I think we all really needed it. After the hose we played with the neighbors which is always tons of fun. The boys all ganged up on Jared and had a squirt gun fight. Ethan even got to drive our neighbors gator around which was ohh so cool. Daniel just loved sitting in this little Hummer they have as well and following the bigger boys around. I might even have convinced my neighbor to go scrapbook with me tomorrow which is really exciting for me.

This morning we took the boys up to see Grandpa in the hospital. On the way there Ethan kept asking if they were going to look at his owe too. We told him we didn't know but we would ask. His owe is a week old skinned knee from falling off his scooter. Anyhow we got there just after he was taken for a test so we had to walk around the hospital for a little while which the boys found very interesting. Then back to grandpa's room for a visit. Ethan was very gentle with Grandpa and gave him the sweetest hug. Then he asked grandpa's nurse to look at his owe which smiling she did. It was very sweet. Ethan was totally fascinated with Grandpa's bed and kept adjusting it while we were there thankfully grandpa was not in it at the time. Anyhow Jared's dad is doing great and hopefully will get to go home tomorrow but were still unsure of that. His biggest complaints are his incision itches like crazy and they keep waking him up at night. So life is starting to head back to normal or at least what passes for normal around here.

1 comment:

HW said...

I'm so glad the surgery went well and he is coming around. You've been in my thoughts.