Sunday, July 15, 2007

Jared's Dad

Sometimes I am so grateful for small things. Saturday evening after my family had left for there own homes and we had just finished bathing the kids after a spaghetti dinner Jared's mom called us. She was calling to tell us that Jared's dad had some kind of spell and she had called the ambulance would Jared meet her at the hospital. So we there diapers on the kids and put them in the car minus cloths and were off. To amuse everyone Jared's parents live less than 5 mins from the hospital we live 20 mins from the hospital and we beet the ambulance there. I won't tell you how fast we drove because it would frighten most people. At any rate Jared's dad suffered a series of 4 cardiac events which means he had 4 really small heart attacks. He is doing as good as can be expected, and board out of his mind at the hospital. He made a joke about walking home but he doesn't have any shoes since the ambulance came and got him. The concerning thing right now is that he has a protein level that keeps rising this meanings either there is some reasonable damage to the heart or we are in for another heart attack in the near future. Tomorrow they will run a bunch of test and let us know which of those is the case. If all goes well Jared's dad could get to come home on Tuesday.

So tonight I am grateful to have such a wonderful grandfather to my children still alive. I'm grateful for Jared's mom in recognizing so quick that he needed help. I'm grateful for the medical technology we have in this day and age. I'm grateful that Jared was home and could be there for his dad. I'm grateful for the time this has allowed Jared to spend with his dad. I'm grateful for children who make me laugh even when I'm crying. I'm grateful for the promise of eternal families which meaning never having to say goodbye.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Remember we are here to help if needed!