Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Girls Weekend

Friday night on the way home from picking Jared up from the Airport he handed me a plane ticket. I was totally shocked and honestly didn't believe at first that it was a real ticket. He told me when we got home I need to pack and get to bed since we need to be back at the airport early. I thought he was joking but he wasn't! My head just about exploded. I really do few things spur of the moment, everything is very thought out exspecially trips with every detail planned etc. so to have him just hand me a ticket and say I'm leaving in the morning was well a little hard for me, exciting but hard. I know this is rather pathetic but when packing I make a list and place everything on the list next to the suitcase then put it all in it's a rather drawn out proses really but it always makes me feel better. I was told no list ugh I ran around the house once we got home trying to figure out how to pack. Jared simply sat on the bed and laughed at me of coerce sweet man. By the way at this point all I knew is that my flight left for St Louis at 8:45 the next morning. I didn't even know who I was going there to see (Both my sister Susan and good friend Jen live in that area) it was exciting and wonderful and kind of annoying all rolled into one. The next morning Jared and the boys loaded me in the car and took me to the airport. Getting threw security was such a breeze without the kids and since Jared got me first class tickets I just breezed threw and walked strait to my gate. It was so nice to be able to sit down and read while I was waiting to board the plane thought it wasn't a long wait. Once on the plane I carefully removed the envelope Jared had prepared the night before from my bag and tore it open. I had instructions not to open it until I was on the plane so the suspense was killing me. Enclosed were was a little note letting me know my sister would be picking me up from the airport which of coerce lead to the did I tell her I cut my hair thought and do I remember what her car looks etc. The next page had our hotel room information with a little notation at the bottom that I should be at the spa in the hotel at 3:45. He had even included traveling cash. It's times like this that I really love the man I married. The flight there was wonderful! I sat back and read my book which was called Austenland by the way another gift from my husband which I fully recommend if you liked pride and prejudice. At any rate my sister knew exactly were to stand so that I would be able to find her as soon as I passed security and our adventure was off. We got breakfast then headed for the mall. After the mall we checked into our hotel and just sat around the room reading for a while...we tried to take naps but umm that didn't really happen. After lunch in one of the hotel's restaurants I headed to the spa. Jared had scheduled an hour long full body massage for me. So sweet! Afterward it was off to six flags because lets face it I'm a roller coaster junky. We ended up not getting there until 6 at night but all the tours and stuff were just leaving so we were able to one miss the heat of the day and two just walk right up to the rides and get on it was awesome! We road every roller coaster in the park I think. We even watch the fireworks from one of them it was the best time! Around 10 though we called it good and headed back to the hotel. Sunday we didn't do much I went for a pedicure after breakfast then we were off to the hill to meet Jen for a little hang out time and lunch. We tried to eat at one of those really cool restaurants but umm nothing was open so we settled for noddles and company and a book store. Then off to the airport to come home to my boys. To be honest by this time I was quite homesick....silly but I really missed my boys exspecially when I found out they all had the flu!

It was a wonderful weekend all in all and one I hope to repeat again maybe next year in ohh Ohio so we can go to cedar point maybe:) I am so glad Jared thought to give me such a wonderful surprise. It was the perfect girls weekend!

5 comments:

HW said...

I love knowing that Jared does stuff like this for you. It makes me like him even more too. I loved that he surprised you with a pedicure when you were pregnant too. I'm so glad you got to get away and have fun with your sister.

And I miss you!

Elizabeth said...

I had no clue you were gone, what a wonderful trip! You deserved it!

LL said...

How fun!! I'm so jealous. I don't need the massage or the pedicure or anything, just to sleep undisturbed would be such a treat! Fun fun fun fun fun! I'm glad you had a chance to get away - you deserve it! :-)

k said...

what a great surprise! i happen to love massages and roller coasters as well, so i'm sure you had an excellent weekend.

Jana said...

that is the SWEETEST thing I have ever heard. You are so lucky. No kids!!!! I just want one night all by myself. I don't even need a trip. :) But I would sure take one if it was handed to me! :) So fun!