Thursday, August 23, 2007

New Toy

I feel like I'm 5 years old again telling everyone one look I got a new toy isn't it cool but well it is cool. This week we upgraded our camera from the original Canon Digital Rebel to the Canon Digital Rebel XTI! I now have 10.2 mega pixels at my disposal! It's a lot of fun but also a little bit of an adjustment. I've spent the last few days just trying to get the auto focusing stuff halfway under control..it's weird going from 5 auto sensors to umm I think this one has like 9. I'm pretty sure it will be great once I get it all figured out. My only complaint with the camera is actually it kinda noisy so it's a little harder to get those shots when no one is paying attention but I can be stealthy so I don't think it will be to big of an issue. I also got to do my first pregnancy photo shoot which was so fun, a little nerve racking ex specially since the new camera came only umm 5 hours before the shoot but I think it all turned out well. I'll post a few pictures from that after this.

In crazy kid news Ethan is considering his possible future as an arsonist which has me checking the smoke detectors and the fire extinguisher. We all know it's in the blood with Jared's obsession with fire and well there was that time I caught my parents bathroom curtains on fire but still I wasn't really ready for this gene to appear so soon. This week I was feeding Daniel and noticed Ethan was being really quite, never a good sign, so I called out "Ethan what are you doing" and got the response "Trying to start a fire mom". Umm NO! I found Ethan sitting in the front closet with Jared's soldering torch (it's a little soldering iron that looks like a torch and works like a lighter) sure enough trying to start a fire. Maybe I should put more fire extinguishers on my Christmas list this year.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Your blog always cracks me up, I can imagine Ethan doing all his crazy things. I love the pics of the Rackleys. Awesome!

k said...

I love how Ethan just innocently told you what he was doing. No big deal, just starting a fire. Kids are so hilarious.