Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Maine

Well we made it back from Maine. What an adventure! Ethan got home sick so for the first 5 days we were gone he would cry every night for his house and his car...and yes his friends. Besides that fact it was really a pretty good vacation. Daniel learned about donuts and all there greatness. It's a tradition to get donuts for breakfast while in Maine so no one has to cook at 5 in the morning when the sun comes up. Anyhow you could not let Daniel see you with said object without him running to you and demanding his share. It was really quite amusing and I started referring to him as Homer. Hmm I am a little concerned that he seems to be going threw all the Simpson characters...first Meggy with the pacifier now Homer I can only hope Bart is not next. Daniel also learned to walk really well while were in Maine so now he is cruising right along...he's even started running a little though that usually results in falling. As for Ethan outside of the home sickness part he had a great time. He got to go swimming everyday with his "surfboard" which was really a kick board but we could never convince him of that. Dad also taught him how to fish which he really loved and would spend hours on the dock fishing away. I lost count of how many fish he caught but lets just say it was well over 25. We didn't feel like cooking fish so we just released all he caught but I've never seen him so happy. There was a huge rock outside the cabin that had to be climbed at least 4 times a day. And of coerce Ethan feel madly in love with my friend Amy. It was so sweet at night to see the two of the curled up together reading Curious George. I really enjoyed spending time with Amy and wished she lived a lot closer!! but I guess I can always go visit. We only went on one hike this year up club house bluff but I think that's good for this year all things considered. Well that's our vaction in a nut shell...I'll post pictures soon...I have to sort threw the 600+ pictures to decided on a few.

No comments: