Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Grocery Shopping

Today I decided to be adventurous and went Grocery shopping with Daniel and I decided I had to write down what happened because well it was just so funny. We got there and decided to get one of those shopping cart that looks like a car but doesn't steer really well. This was my first mistake, I thought it would be fun for Daniel and maybe shopping would go better and for the first 5 mins it was great, then Daniel realized I was putting food in the cart and he couldn't get to it. So he was sitting in the car part when I put in a watermelon and the next thing I know he's slipped out of the seat belt and is standing up on the seat his little fingers stretching to reach the watermelon. Of coerce by the time I got around the cart to get him back on the seat in a sitting position he had fallen backward and hit his head on the steering wheel, poor little guy. After settling down after that I seat belt him back in and decide to bravely carry on with my shopping perhaps my second mistake but hey who's counting. So we go on getting everything we need and we actually made it threw the produce when Daniel decided he had enough of the car and simply started to climb out the side. After stopping and putting him back in a few times I put him in the top seat instead. Now for the next few mins things where great I was able to get spaghetti and bread and some meat without to much issues then he saw the grocery list. I don't know what it is about paper but for some reason every time Daniel sees it he HAS to have it. So we started the endless battle of no mommy's paper honey. I compromised and tore the portion I no longer needed off and handed it to him but it just wasn't good enough. So as quickly as I could I gather up our milk and cheese and ran for the checkout. Luck was with me and the line was short so we started to unload the cart. Evidently Daniel was very hungry even though I feed him right before we left for the store and it had only been 30 mins so when he saw bananas he went nuts quite literally. The boy must be part monkey I swear he will do anything for a banana. He has even tried to climb over pews at church to get another kids banana. Anyhow he tried to launch himself out of the cart and onto the counter to get to the bananas. Thank goodness for understanding crashers because she simply scanner our bananas and handed him one...he bit right threw the peel in his efforts to get threw the banana. I quickly peeled it for him and he ate the whole thing before they had finished ringing up our grocery. The cashier was really impressed. He left the store really happy and clinging to his little balloon that said cashier gave him.

On other Daniel news he has learned two new words this week...ball and NO. It's really funny he will point to pictures of balls and just go baalll over and over. Daniel is also part demon this week with at least 1 new molar making it's way threw possible up to three. I feel bad for the little guy but ugh I wish he would sleep so he could be happy.

No comments: