Wednesday, April 25, 2007

God must have a sense of humor!






I really think God has the best sense of humor or else there would not be days like today. Our day started off with the kids sleeping in the 6:30 hurray!! However the cat woke me up at 6 with an upset stomach, hows that for annoying. Afterward Jared decided he wanted to go out for breakfast to spend time with us. Great, I don't have to cook...or more accurately put together cereal and milk. There was one little glitch however shoes. You see Ethan only really has one pair since its really hard to find any that fit him and last night he "took care" of his shoes all by himself. So this morning when I went to put his shoes on I could only find one. Jared and I looked everywhere but still no shoes and after 45 mins we were getting pretty hungry and cranky. So we put him in flip flops and out the door we went. Ethan decided he really didn't want to wear shoes so when we got to coney he took them off and put them on the table. Since the boy has tons and tons of energy he proceeded to run around the table in a game of catch me if you can while everyone in the restaurant looked at us like whats wrong with your child. Thank goodness for understanding waitress who just laugh and distract him. After breakfast we took Jared home and started another round of lets looked for Ethan's shoes without any luck. Feeling utterly defeated I decided to go to the library for story time and to return the movies we rented last week. In order to go to the library we had to go back to the friends house were I had left my purse the night before. On our way from there to the library Ethan and Daniel fell asleep so it was home again home again gigity gig. The boys did sleep for almost 2 hours which really was a blessing since I needed a break and was able to get some work done on photos. I really didn't want to look for shoes that at that point I was thinking Ethan had thrown away for us. After naps the boys were up to full speed again...Ethan took bright pink kite sting and wrapped the living room kitchen and dinning room up for me so that it look like something out of the parent trap. Then he tried to play football with his little brother with real tackles. You all can imagine how that turned out. After getting that all sorted out we tried to make dinner with Ethan going is it done yet every 5 mins. I was ready to scream after the first 50 times but managed not to. After dinner it was off to the library to try and get there before they closed but of coerce I forgot they were doing construction on the Baker Rd bridge so we went a round about way and just made it before they closed. Ethan picked out a new movie which I'm sure we will be using tomorrow to distract if tomorrow is anything like today. At any rate back home to do some more searching for that shoe with the decision made that if I couldn't find it in the next 30 mins I was going to the store and buying him another pair. After a few mins of cleaning/searching I can't seem to get Ethan's plane out of my mind. Ok I decide I'm going to go look at his little plane its one of these ride on toys that has a compartment under the seat for whatever reason. If you haven't guessed it the shoe was right there inside his plane all day...whenever I had been looking for the shoe he had been playing with his plane so maybe that's why it didn't occur to me earlier but at least we found it. At this point Jared volunteered to take him outside for a while, thank goodness. After a few moments I hear our door bell go nuts...Ethan is repeatedly ringing so much so that the cover fell off the ringing part of the doorbell inside. I was kinda funny. He then brought me in a toad from the garden so that I could see him. He named him hoppity. We convinced him that hoppity could live in the garden and we would visit with him latter. I'm really not looking forward to the first snake he finds I know he's going to want to show it to me. At 8:30 I decided he was to tired so off we went for a family car ride. Now the boys are peacefully sleeping. I really love it when they are sleeping...there are so few things they can get into when they are sleeping.

1 comment:

jenny said...

Oh yes! I love it when both of the girls are finally asleep! It is to bad Ethan only has one pair of shoes. Abby has about 5 pair and usually out of those we get lucky to find one!