Friday, April 20, 2007

The little things


I don't know how many of you even know who Three Dog Night are but I have to quote them tonight because it just seems right. "Mama said there would be days like this". Its so true, of coerce its usually followed by laughter and just wait until they do such and such and lots of sighing on my part. Anyhow today was just one of those days were nothing went quite as planned and the kids were just driving me up a wall. But sometimes the little things make it all worth it.

This evening I tried to run and errand. I have these jeans I bought Ethan that I thought would fit but are way way way to big so I need to return them. I have been trying my hardest to return them all week but something always pops up. So tonight determined to make that work I loaded to screaming children in the car and off we went. Our car ride was less than peaceful. At first Ethan screamed that Mommy needed to drive since Jared was driving. Then after 5 mins of that we pulled over chines fire drilled it and got to listen to the exact opposite for another 10 mins until we stopped at a friend’s house to drop something off. While dropping the item off my husband volunteered to take both Ethan and her little boy for a walk. It was so nice to just sit down and talk for half an hour while the boys played outside. I didn't know how much I needed it until just then. I had forgotten to get the chicken we were suppose to have for dinner out of the freezer so after this we got in the car and I wondered what we would do with Ethan hungry. Jared to the rescue, we went out to dinner at my favorite burger joint. Then home for bath time, which had a slight incident, which will require the cleaning of the bath toys. After all this I decided we need a peaceful evening so I popped Herby in and made some popcorn. It was such a simple thing and at the time I felt like I was giving up a little but it really was the right thing tonight. Ethan cuddled on my one side Daniel climbed on my other. Side note Daniel pulled himself up to a full standing position tonight. I’m not sure if I should be happy about this or terrified. Anyhow it was just nice to sit there with my kids. Not yelling at them to stop doing something or trying to keep the newly mobile one out of something. We enjoyed our movie and then the boys went to bed without winning or crying or coming out of their room 5 million times. Some times those little things make everything just right so tonight I’m thankful for movies and caring husbands.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love days that end like that!