Sunday, April 15, 2007

Photography






Photography is fast becoming something more than just a hobby for me. Eventually I would like to do it as a business provided I'm good enough but I'm not sure now is the right time. Sometimes I sit here and think oh my goodness what am I doing. It's kind of like the feeling you get right before you get sucked under the water and can't breath for a few mins. Then your head breaks the surface you gasp for air and life is ok after all. I had to give up the photography class that I was going to take this summer because Jared is going to be traveling a lot and it just wouldn't work out. Overall I'm fine with this but it makes me wonder if we can't make a class work will we be able to make a photography thing work? I guess time will tell. I really love photography and it’s become my outlet in a way. Whenever Jared leaves town I just follow the boys around and document there day, sometimes I take over 150 in a day, which is a little insane. Whenever the boys are driving me nuts out comes the camera and suddenly I don't care if they are destroying the house or if they are into everything because when I look threw the lens I'm not a mom. It's hard to explain but I've found that taking pictures of my children makes me appreciate the people they are, something I'm not always good at. With Ethan my oldest especially its hard because everyone is always telling me what a handful he is which is true but it makes me think there is something wrong with him if he's so much worse than other kids. But when I follow him around and see what he's seeing I mean really see it’s amazing. I love the way he gets so excite and all the expressions. At any rate right now I am taking pictures of friends kids and families and really really enjoying it. I'll post my favorite pictures so far and if anyone wants pictures taken let me know I can always use the experience. Right now I'm thinking of maybe starting to charge in the fall but we'll see how that goes. I still need to come up with a price for everything, which seems to be the hardest part of this whole your own business thing. You don't want your prices to low that you don't make a profit but to high and no one is interested. Well I have faith it will all work out the way it's suppose to I'm just not sure it will be complementary to what I want. If you want to see more pictures my page in progress...which i need to make time to work on now that I have a better idea of what I want is http://puck.nether.net/~smiles/photography1/

and here is a recent photo shoot I did for a friend

http://puck.nether.net/~smiles/Elders/

1 comment:

An said...

I'm sorry things aren't going to work out for you to take photography this summer. But I want to remind you that you can use the childcare at WCC as soon as your kids are 18 months, so even if it never works out for Jared to watch them, it won't be that long until even Daniel is old enough. Sometimes I feel trapped at home, and it helps for me to remember that my life has stages and this one will pass and other things will become possible and even easy that are currently not possible.